Optimizing Polyurethane Operations
This 3-day seminar is designed to introduce the principles of polyurethane processing with a focus on enhancing the operations and maintenance procedures to increase throughput and reduce machine downtime. The training includes both classroom and hands-on instruction. The hands-on time enables the participant to see first hand what has been discussed in the classroom and actually operate a machine.
- Principles of the Poly-Iso reaction sequence
- Principles of nucleation
- Processing Equipment
- High pressure impingement mixing
- Low pressure dynamic mixing
- Machinery component breakdown
- Troubleshooting and preventive maintenance
- Recommended maintenance procedures
- Hands-On Troubleshooting
- Small Class-size
"Understanding the Chemistry of Polyurethanes"
- Introduction - "A brief history"
- Basic chemistry
- Chemical handling safety
"Understanding Polyurethane Processing Machinery"
- Understanding the machine - machine overview and flow principle
- Machine layout and component description
- Understanding the Rexroth metering pump
- Understanding the high pressure impingement mixhead
- New Calibration Methods
"Real Time Metering Machine Experience"
- Preventive maintenance
- Equipment malfunctions and troubleshooting
- Question and answer period
To register for the Optimizing Polyurethane Operations course, click here to fill out the on-line form.
There will be no refunds for cancellations made within 14 days of the training course start date.
Click here for directions and hotel accomodations.